Hey there! Is this month flying by or what! I'm excited that today is my Friday, and I'm looking forward to Easter this weekend as well as some crafty time. I'm also pretty excited for today's card. It's fun little birthday card with a super fun background technique. I realized that I don't have very many birthday cards, so I needed to get to work. I think this was a great start. I used the Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Paper and Party Wishes stamp set for this card, and created a fun, watercolor background with the Happy Patterns Decorative Masks.
I decided to keep things pretty soft for this card, but making it pop with Watermelon Wonder. That color is just divine! It's perfect paired with Mint Macaron and Blushing Bride along with bits of Silver. My background was so fun to create with these colors, and it's pretty darn easy to do.
Watercolor Stenciled Background
1. Color your stencil with markers. The more colors the merrier!
2. Mist the markered side of your stencil with a few squirts of water from a Stampin' Spritzer.
3. Place your cardstock on the stencil and press all around ensuring the whole piece is covered.
4. Let air dry or speed things up with a Heat Tool.
5. Viola! Add your fun background to your project.
I can't wait to see y'all try this technique on your own. It's so simple, yet packs a pretty punch! You can find all of these products used to create this card in my online store, I've included a full list below. And don't forget Sale-A-Bration is almost over! Take advantage of the sale and get FREE products. See more details below. Thank you for stopping by!
Click here to shop, and don't forget every $50 gets you a FREE Sale-A-Bration goodie!