Hi there! I'm so excited to share a brand new project with you just in time for Easter. I was so excited this weekend to finally take a few hours to bring my ideas to life. They've been stored up in my head for far too long! Hopefully I'll be able to do more creating this weekend. I have a ton of ideas floating around up there. But I'm excited to share today's card with you.
I used Honeycomb Happiness, which you can get FOR FREE with Sale-A-Bration, to create a whimsical Easter card. I used a sketch for the layout which you can find here. I love using sketches to bring my ideas to life. For this card, I knew I wanted to use the little chickadee and how I wanted to embellish, but I needed guidance on how to make it happen. This sketch was the perfect solution.
Believe it or not, the Designer Series Paper I used here is geared towards birthdays, but it has some AMAZING floral patterns that I can't get enough of right now. So it's perfect for Spring & Easter as well. There wasn't yellow to "match" my chick, but I think it all pairs lovely together. So, let's create it!
1. Cut & fold your Blushing Bride card base 8-1/2" x 5-1/2", scored & folded at 4-1/4"
2. Cut 1/2" strips of Birthday Boutique DSP & glue with Snail on your card base, spacing evenly
3. Cut a 2-1/2"x4" piece of DSP & glue over the DSP strips
4. Stamp your image from Honeycomb Happiness with So Saffron ,Calypso Coral, & Basic Black Markers onto Whisper White cardstock. Color in your stamped image with the markers or ink & Aquapainter
5. Cut circles from Vellum and your stamped image with the Circles Collection Framelits & Big Shot
6. Cut ribbons & glue to the back of the stamped image circle with Fast Fuse & Glue Dots
7. Glue your ribbon & chick to the Vellum circle with Stampin' Dimensionals, then glue to the card base with Fast Fuse
8. Stamp "Hello Easter" from the Crazy About You stamp set in Blushing Bride on Whisper White cardtsock
9. Punch with the Large Oval Punch & glue to your card with dimensionals
10. Happy Easter!
Pretty easy, right? I just love these patterns and soft colors for Easter, and the chick is a great, whimsical touch. It's great that you can get this set FREE with any $50 purchase during Sale-A-Bration, but the sale is ending soon, so don't wait too long! Here are all the details along with a few other bits of exciting news!
Click here to shop, and don't forget every $50 gets you a FREE Sale-A-Bration goodie!
Also available, are this week's Weekly Deals! Check them all out here.
I hope you enjoyed today's project! I'll be back in a couple of days with another fun floral card.