Hi there! I'm so excited you stopped in! I have such a fun "wow" card to share with you today. I got the inspiration from my dear friend. She created a floral, navy striped, and gold invitation on the computer, and sent me a peek. I immediately knew I had to create a card modeled after it, and I couldn't be more happy with how it turned out! I love when something sparks my creativity like that.
I used the Picture Perfect stamp set from the Occasions Catalog, which I also think would be a great set for an entry in my journaling bible. But that's for another day. This set uses 3 step stampin' to great images with tons of depth and pop. The roses are so elegant and soft, and pair so well with the bold stripes. The gold, well, I think everything needs a little gold! :) The glitter splatter technique is so fun and easy to do (instructions below), and really puts things over the top.
Create this Card with Me:
1. Cut a card base from Whisper White cardstock 8-1/2"x5-1/2", fold in half.
2. Cut 6 1/2"x 4-1/4" strips of Night of Navy cardstock, and glue with Snail Adhesive to your base spacing them evenly.
3. Add water to your Aqua Painter & mix a few drops of water with a few drops of Multipurpose Adhesive Glue. Using the brush on the Aqua Painter pick up some of the mixture and splatter on your card. Cover with Gold Stampin' Glitter, dust off the excess glitter, and allow to dry. (Heat with the Heat Tool to speed things up)
4. Stamp 3 roses from the Picture Perfect stamp set with Blushing Bride ink on Whisper White cardstock and 2 leaves with Mint Macaron ink on Whisper White cardstock, and cut them out.
5. Stamp the sentiment from the Picture Perfect stamp set with Night of Navy Ink on Whisper White cardstock and punch with the Extra Large Oval Punch.
6. Punch a Vellum circle with the 2-1/2" Circle Punch.
7. Arrange your punched and cut out images along with a Gold Metallic Doily, and glue them together with Snail Adhesive and Stampin' Dimensionals (careful not to allow glue to show on the Vellum). Attach the arrangement on your card with Stampin' Dimensionals. Trim any excess hanging off your card if necessary.
8. Cut a 6" piece of Metallic Gold Thread, and tie a bow with it on a Gold Metal Button. Add it to your card with a Glue Dot.
9. Marvel at your work! :)
So fun right!? Those stripes and gold are everything! And I can't wait to use this stamp set more. This set is $27 so pair it with a couple of inks for $50 in product, and you'll earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration product! The details on the sale are below, and don't forget it ends Thursday! Every $50 gets a FREE product, so spend $150 get 3 free PLUS you'll earn hostess rewards. Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you back soon!
Click here to shop.
Sign up for My Paper Pumpkin by April 10th,
and receive a FREE stamp set in your box
valued at $17 in addition to the kit.
Sign up at www.paperpumpkin.com
select me, Dana Lewis, as your demonstrator,
and you'll be entered to win a FREE gift!